Understanding your Operational Requirements
We will work with you to understand the operational requirements of your fleet:
- What is your current fleet make up?
- What is your eElectrification strategy and target dates?
- How many sites do you have?
- What are your typical route types?
- What is your charging window/dwell time?
- What is your anticipated payload?
- What is your anticipated required miles?
Making the most of telematics
We will analyse existing telematics data to understand exact daily driving patterns and behaviour. Alternatively if this data isn’t available we can deploy cost effective telematics devices from our partners GeoTab.
Achieve your Net Zero goals
- Improve local air quality and make your local area a more attractive place to live. Our electric vehicle chargers can be installed on-street, without adding constraints on local parking or introducing visual disruption and are key in helping to take polluting cars off the road.
- Take a healthier approach and reduce local healthcare costs. Studies show that 28,000 people in the UK die prematurely as a result of poor air quality, with road transport accounting for a significant portion of all greenhouse gas emissions. Electric vehicles release 66% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than a standard petrol car.
- Our charging points have a longer lifespan than competitor models for a reduced impact on landfills. We keep our most expensive electronics protected from damage underground, with the above-ground socket easily and affordably replaced.
- We do our best to use recycled material in our products, where possible, to lower environmental impact. We use recycled materials everywhere we can to keep our chargers as green as possible.
Conduct supply-demand assessment and deliver your results
- We will carry out a detailed supply-demand assessment on all of your depots/sites. This will inform how many electric vehicles you could accommodate and how we can configure your charging system to make the most of your available supply capacity. If required, we can engage with our partners 3Ti to deploy Solar PV to support the greater demand of EV Charging.
- We will deliver a full proposal based on today’s result and the future based on your electrification strategy
- We will oversee a site survey, installation and maintenance programme for your car or small van fleet.
Why Connected Kerb?
Our experts deliver a hassle-free solution
- Every fleet's objectives are different, which is why we deliver a bespoke solution fully tailored to you. Our seasoned team will be happy to leverage their expertise to everything from funding through to site selection, installation and maintenance to support you at every stage of the project.
- We keep an eye on everything to ensure no disruption to services. Our advanced software automatically monitors your chargers 24/7, allowing issues to be resolved immediately and remotely. This means no disruption to drivers or your ROI.
Our customised reporting & consolidated billing is easy to use
- Our pricing and fees are as simple and transparent as possible. We apply no joining, membership or connection charges.
- With our consolidated billing system, you can easily manage access and usage and incentivise usage thanks to adjustable tariffs. Our automated, on-demand reporting allows you to have a full overview of charging sessions and the data that matters to your council while helping you manage charging according to the user (e.g. taxi drivers, NHS, council fleet vehicles).
Advanced back-end software to avoid overloading the grid
- Dynamic load management (DLM) ensures electricity is distributed in the most efficient way. Our software works intelligently within existing power capacity to offer the optimum amount of charge to each vehicle, saving on power upgrades or reinforcements, and ensuring charging is optimised and reliable, even with limited grid capacity.
Reliable, future-proof & scalable infrastructure
- Our infrastructure is built with the future needs of your fleet in mind. With passive infrastructure installed below-ground in the initial construction phase, we can easily add above-ground chargers without further disruption - making our technology a long-term solution that’s easy to scale.
- Advanced software ensures our chargers are flexible to changing technologies. Our chargers are designed to last the distance without replacements, which is why they can be easily adapted to respond to technological evolutions, including wireless charging and eMobility hubs.
Planning ahead of government changes
The government is moving to ban all sales of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030, expecting to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2050. Whilst this seems like a long time away, the infrastructure needed to facilitate this change is significant, and councils should start planning their EV charging networks today to ensure they are ready for the changes:
- Our reports have shown that drivers will switch to EV charging points when they see more charging infrastructure available in public.
- To help you scale we offer enabling infrastructure where we install the below-ground infrastructure, ready for 2030, but only install the above-ground (active) charging sockets when the demand is high enough. Take a look at our case study to see how this works in practice.
- Preparing now and installing enabling infrastructure allows us to minimise disruption, ensuring there is less work and digs closer to the deadline.
- Although OZEV funding is aimed at smaller to medium scale projects, we can help you bring in private funding for larger scale projects.
This report highlights the current inadequacy of EV charging infrastructure and provides insight into what future charging infrastructure should look like to maximise EV uptake.
No one-size-fits-all EV charge point solution exists: ensure your solution offers maximum value & convenience, by considering the people who will be using it and what their needs are.
Flexible products, consistent performanceProducts
Designed and manufactured in the UK, the Chameleon is one of the lowest impact and smallest dual charger solutions for on-street and long-dwell charging in the market. It is simple to install and is available as a single or dual charge socket in both 7kw and 22kw. The Chameleon is compatible with our existing enabling infrastructure with intuitive design and AC capabilities that aim to provide a seamless user experience for newbie and seasoned EV users alike.
Our newest product launched in 2022, the Scarab is a wall-mounted solution designed for residential and commercial settings, such as car parks. Made of 100% recycled plastic, its smart capabilities allow users the flexibility of setting the level, duration and time of charge, saving time and money in the process. It can also be configured to 'talk' to other chargers with which it is grouped. The back-end also offers a high level of administrative control.
Creatively designed to fit to existing street furniture, such as parking posts or bollards, the Gecko connects either as a singular, or paired socket, to a subterranean master charger unit, monitoring and controlling power flow to the socket and vehicle. Our lowest visual impact solution, it is perfectly suited to on-street residential landscapes where its sympathetic design blends discretely into the established street scene.
A wall-mounted solution, the Limpet is made from recycled tyres and is designed to fit onto existing wall structures, connected in clusters of 5-10 sockets to a wall-mounted master charger unit, monitoring and controlling power flow to the socket and vehicle. Durable, discrete and environmentally sympathetic, it is best suited for public / private below-ground and multi-storey car parks where ground-mounted solutions are less appropriate.