How residential managers can future-proof their developments
In our 2020 annual report, “Electric Vehicles: Moving from early adopters to mainstream buyers”, found that 89% of drivers in the UK would be inclined to buy an EV as their next car if charging points were made available to them where they park overnight or at work. Furthermore, 67% of EV drivers reinforce this need for infrastructure in residential and commercial areas by saying that they would not have changed to an electric vehicle had the infrastructure not been in place. From this, it is clear that the electric vehicle revolution in the UK is on hold until the infrastructure to support it is in place. This challenge presents the residential sector with an exciting chance to future-proof their equity and gain a competitive edge in evolving with this shift. Read more by downloading the whitepaper.
Download the whitepaper on: Supercharging the value of properties through sustainable EV infrastructure.
Electric car charging points for developers
Future-proof your development and meet stringent planning regulations with our convenient, sustainable, and cost-effective electric vehicle charging infrastructure. Our experts can help you navigate current and forthcoming planning regulations, site selection, funding, and ROI modelling, as well as the practicalities of installing and maintaining the EV chargers within your development.
With our EV charging solutions for new build developments, you can:
Meet stringent planning regulations & your Net Zero goals
- Install now and activate later. Our long-life residential electric chargers are designed to meet and even exceed existing and coming up as part of the zero carbon housing by 2025 initiative.
- Longer-lasting than competitor models, our charge points are a sustainable choice. Our most expensive electronics are protected from damage by being installed below ground, thus minimising disruption to users and reducing waste.
- Create a modern residential development with cleaner air and reduced noise. Embracing forward-looking technologies that make your site healthier by improving air quality will make it a more attractive place for residents.
Increase your residents' satisfaction
- Offering the right charging solution increases the likelihood of home buyers selecting your development. 89% of the adult population would be more likely to make the switch to electric cars if they had access to EV chargers at home or at work. For current EV owners, 67% would not have bought an EV if they did not have access to overnight charging.
- Unlike competitor models, our EV chargers are sympathetically designed to minimise visual disruption. The Gecko model offers low visual impact charging, perfect for residential environments.
Obtain private funding & a fast ROI
- With funding, leasing, financing and profit/revenue share options available, installation is a low-risk investment. We engage with global infrastructure funders to secure private funding to cover the upfront costs of installing EV infrastructure.
- We leverage our expertise to give reliable ROI and revenue generation analysis tailored to your organisation. Our analyses will give you a clear sense of ROI and how quickly you can expect to recoup your investment.
Why Connected Kerb?
Our EV charging solution can be deployed:
- On-plot (driveways)
- Off-plot (dedicated)
- Off-plot (visitor)
- Open communal car parks
- Underground car parks
- Mixed use (residential & commercial)
- Individual home electric car charging
Future-proof infrastructure that's built to last
- With expensive electronics installed below-ground, they’re protected from damage, and therefore have a much longer lifespan than any other chargers on the market and need to be replaced less frequently than our competitor models.
- Our infrastructure is built with scaling and future demand in mind. We install passive infrastructure below-ground in the initial construction phase, allowing us to easily roll out additional above-ground chargers as demand rises.
A hassle-free solution
- We bring the expertise to the table, so you can focus on your business priorities. With experience in everything from design reviews and site surveys to installation and maintenance, engagement with your residents and unit management, we can provide support at every step of the way.
- We’ll support you in selecting the right locations for EV charging points. Our advanced, in-house site selection tool takes into account a multitude of factors, including demand, site constraints, electrical grid limitations plus future power supply needs to inform decision-making.
- There’ll be no disruption to services thanks to our intelligent backend software. Our advanced software automatically monitors your chargers 24/7, allowing issues to be resolved immediately and remotely. This means no disruption to drivers or your ROI.
Advanced power & grid management
- Dynamic load management (DLM) ensures electricity is distributed in the most efficient way. Our software works intelligently within existing power capacity to offer the optimum amount of charge to each vehicle, ensuring charging is optimised and reliable, even with limited grid capacity.
- We avoid strain on the grid by working within existing power capacity. All charging is optimised to avoid expensive tariffs and to prevent the need for costly power upgrades. We’re proud of our market leading up-times.
Customised reporting & simple pricing
- Manage access and tariffs easily and remotely with our consolidated billing system. Our automated, on-demand reporting allows you to have a full overview of charging sessions and the data that matters to your council, while helping you manage charging according to user (e.g. admin, residents & visitor profiles).
- Just simple and transparent pricing, without joining, membership or connection fees. Our prices average £0.23 per kWh, which is and this is 23% lower than the national average of over £0.30 per kWh.
We can help you secure funding
Our funding options for residential EV charging
- We offer funding, leasing, financing and profit/revenue share options to make installing EV chargers a viable option for your development. Our access to global funders means we can secure private funding to cover the upfront costs of the infrastructure.
Government grants for electric car charging points
Residents moving into homes ready for the zero-carbon change will be supported with grants to help them make the best of their “green” home. This is an important buy-in incentive that many developers forget. Stay ahead of your competition by letting your prospective home buyers know that in buying a zero-carbon-ready home from you, they can count on support in the future once they are ready to turn on their charging points.We can provide guidance with applying for the government's OZEV grants.
- OZEV WCS - Workplace Charging Scheme offers up to £350 per socket off the installation of commercial EV chargers for up to 40 sockets per business.
- OZEV EVHS - Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme allows drivers (including Fleet and Company Car drivers) to claim up to £350 off the installation of a charge point at their home.
The project is a joint venture between Swindon Borough Council & Barratt Dev. that will see 3,000 new homes built over the next 20 years, future-proofed for mass uptake of electric vehicles.
How do you ensure that EVs get the charge they need, every time? With a little over a quarter of a million electric vehicles on the road, this may not be a problem that keeps you awake... yet.
Flexible products, consistent performanceProducts
Creatively designed to fit to existing street furniture, such as parking posts or bollards, the Gecko connects either as a singular, or paired socket, to a subterranean master charger unit, monitoring and controlling power flow to the socket and vehicle. Our lowest visual impact solution, it is perfectly suited to on-street residential landscapes where its sympathetic design blends discretely into the established street scene.
Our newest wall-mounted solution, the Limpet is made from recycled tyres and is designed to fit onto existing wall structures, connected in clusters of 5-10 sockets to a wall-mounted master charger unit, monitoring and controlling power flow to the socket and vehicle. Durable, discrete and environmentally sympathetic, it is best suited for public / private below-ground and multi-storey car parks where ground-mounted solutions are less appropriate.
Our original pioneer product, the Armadillo is made from recycled vehicle tyres, ensuring minimal environmental impact and maximum durability, hence, its namesake which in Spanish translates to “little armoured one”. Aesthetically it is sympathetic to the existing physical landscape where it is deployed, minimising additional visual disruption.