Electric vehicle charging infrastructure for the public sector & local authorities
With our public sector and local authorities EV charging solutions (including fleet), your organisation can:
Generate new income streams
- We are experienced in applying for and capturing OZEV funding for projects that meet a residential need.
- From partially to fully funded models with different levels of profit share, we've worked with many councils looking for different models. Our seasoned team will be happy to leverage their expertise to find the right funding option for you.
- Our EV charging points also supports Internet of Things (IoT) from WiFi and fibre to air and traffic sensors that can be monetised.
Net Zero objectives achieved
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and improving air quality.
- Long-life charging points (>10 years) that are manufactured using recycled materials.
- Our team of experts support you to select the right locations for EV charging points, thanks to our advanced in-house site selection tool.
- Our community engagement programme ensures that residents are informed ahead of any work.We also focus on educating residents about EVs and debunking common myths in order to encourage them to make the switch.
- The unique and long-lasting design (>10 years) of our EV charging stations ensures minimised ongoing disruption and construction activities.
- While 46% of the adult population would be more likely to make the switch to electric cars if they had access to EV charging at home or at work; 67% of current EV owners would not have bought an EV if they did not have access to overnight charging.
- By offering vehicle charging in your council or your public organisation, you will be enhancing the everyday experience of your residents without adding constraints on local parking while taking polluting cars off the road.
Why Connected Kerb?
Hassle-free infrastructure planning, installation and software
- From identifying your council's needs to creating and delivering a bespoke solution that will meet your objectives, we take care of everything for you.
- Your time is invaluable and we bring our expertise from site selection to installation, maintenance and engagement with local residents so you can focus on your priorities.
- Advanced software also ensures charging solutions are automatically monitored 24/7, allowing issues to be resolved immediately and remotely, and enabling drivers to charge their vehicles without hassle.
Automated, on-demand and customised reporting
- With our consolidated billing system, you can easily manage access and usage and incentivise usage (taxi drivers, NHS, council fleet vehicles) thanks to adjustable tariffs.
- Our automated and on-demand reporting allows you to have a full view on charging sessions and the data that matters to your organisation.
Maximise limited grid supply
- Dynamic load management (DLM) ensures electricity is distributed in the most efficient way, from both an environmental and economic perspective incentivising the use of renewable power.
- Smart charging algorithms and load management systems ensure all charging solutions offer the optimum amount of charge to each vehicle, taking into account everything from high priority requests and sudden changes in tariffs to changes in capacity and the availability of green energy.
- Advanced load management capabilities also minimises the need for future upgrades and the associated costs.
Future-proofed, flexible & scalable infrastructure
- Flexible to both rising demand and new technologies, including wireless charging and eMobility hubs.
- Passive charging infrastructure (nodes and ducting) is installed below ground during the construction phase of the development, activated as demand rises with no need for additional construction and minimal disruption to customers.
- Our system also supports Internet of Things technologies (IoT), such as air quality, traffic sensors and 5G network, which can be added with ease when required.
Your purchase options
Connected Kerb funding options
- Connected Kerb can offer funding, leasing, financing and profit/revenue share options to make the switch as convenient as possible.
- Our seasoned team will leverage their expertise to give reliable ROI and revenue generation analysis; together we will find the right funding option for you.
Government grants for electric car charging points
- We can provide guidance with applying for the government's OZEV grants.
- OZEV WCS - Workplace Charging Scheme offers up to £350 per socket off the installation of commercial EV chargers for up to 40 sockets per business.
- OZEV EVHS - Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme allows drivers (including Fleet and Company Car drivers) to claim up to £350 off the installation of a charge point at their home.
This report highlights the current inadequacy of EV charging infrastructure and provides insight into what future charging infrastructure should look like to maximise EV uptake.
No one-size-fits-all EV charge point solution exists: ensure your solution offers maximum value & convenience, by considering the people who will be using it and what their needs are.
Flexible products, consistent performanceProducts
Creatively designed to fit to existing street furniture, such as parking posts or bollards, the Gecko connects either as a singular, or paired socket, to a subterranean master charger unit, monitoring and controlling power flow to the socket and vehicle. Our lowest visual impact solution, it is perfectly suited to on-street residential landscapes where its sympathetic design blends discretely into the established street scene.
Our newest wall-mounted solution, the Limpet is made from recycled tyres and is designed to fit onto existing wall structures, connected in clusters of 5-10 sockets to a wall-mounted master charger unit, monitoring and controlling power flow to the socket and vehicle. Durable, discrete and environmentally sympathetic, it is best suited for public / private below-ground and multi-storey car parks where ground-mounted solutions are less appropriate.
Our original pioneer product, the Armadillo is made from recycled vehicle tyres, ensuring minimal environmental impact and maximum durability, hence, its namesake which in Spanish translates to “little armoured one”. Aesthetically it is sympathetic to the existing physical landscape where it is deployed, minimising additional visual disruption.