Electric car charging points for business
Connected Kerb provide electric car charging points for businesses, offering a bespoke end-to-end solution that makes future-proofing for EVs a simple process.
As demand for workplace charging is increasing, we can help you to leverage existing grants, like the Workplace Charging Scheme, to stay ahead of the curve by providing convenient electric car charging for employees and visitors.
Build new revenue streams & a solid ROI
- Multiple tariffs and different levels of access makes EV charging infrastructure a flexible but reliable source of income. Alter tariffs and access according to who’s using your chargers and according to the day of the week and even the time of day.
- Guarantee a fast ROI, with government grants and private investment available to support the initial installation of EV chargers. Secure huge savings on installation costs and leverage our expertise to receive a reliable ROI and revenue generation analysis tailored to your organisation.
Achieve Net Zero goals and reap benefits for your employees
- Create a modern, forward-looking workspace. Installing EV charging stations will help your workplace contribute to cleaner air and reduced noise.
- Longer-lasting than competitor models, our charge points are a sustainable choice. Our chargers are partially made from recycled materials where possible and are long-lasting, thus reducing your company’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Secure tax savings and increased mobility in key business locations. Electric vehicles are exempt from Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) taxes and the London Congestion Charge and granted free access to Clean Air Zones, including London’s Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).
Stand out from your competitors with an attractive benefits package
- Attract top talent and tenants. 67% of 18–34-year-olds would be more likely to switch to EVs if they had the right infrastructure at home or at work.
- Get a competitive advantage and retain your workforce. Hiring and retaining top talent is extremely difficult in more rural areas and across cities where competition is tough, but offering convenient and reliable EV charging as part of your benefits package or for your tenants will increase your business’ competitive advantage.
Why Connected Kerb?
Hassle-free infrastructure planning, installation and software
- With our award-winning system and innovative approach to phasing and future-proofing our deployments, we support you at every stage of the process. From identifying your organisation's needs and product selection to creating, installing and maintaining a bespoke solution that will meet your objectives, and engaging with your employees or tenants, we have the expertise to help.
- Advanced software prevents downtime, 24/7. Automatic OTA (over the air) updates monitor your charge points to ensure issues are resolved immediately and remotely, and to prevent disruption.
Power management that won't stretch the grid
- EV charging solutions that work efficiently to avoid stretching existing infrastructure. Our dynamic load management (DLM) ensures electricity is distributed across vehicles as efficiently as possible and manages charging alongside the site’s existing power usage.
- Smart charging algorithms optimise the charging session of each car to deliver affordable and sustainable electric car charging. These algorithms consider all variables, from tariff and capacity changes to the availability of renewable energy, to deliver the most efficient and affordable charging possible.
Future-proofed, flexible & scalable infrastructure
- Our infrastructure is built to be ahead of the curve. Our award-winning design means we install passive charging infrastructure below ground during the initial construction phase of the development. As demand rises, we can activate this infrastructure by installing more above-ground chargers, but with minimal disruption and cost to you.
- The charging points we deploy today are flexible to the technologies of tomorrow. Because of our above- and below-ground infrastructure, we can easily build wireless charging and eMobility hubs into the existing system, without the need for further costly or disruptive installations.
Easy reporting and billing systems
Our consolidated billing system is easy to use by customers and enables you to manage access and usage remotely. Using our software you can keep data of all user and driver usage over a set period of time. Create automated reports and calculate costs, expenses, and more to support your HR or Finance department.
We apply no joining or membership fees and have no connection charges to ensure our pricing and fees are as simple and as transparent as possible. In fact, our prices average £0.23 per kW, which is 23% lower than the national average of over £0.30 per kW.
We can help you secure funding
Our funding options for workplace EV charging
We offer funding, leasing, financing and profit/revenue share options to make the switch as convenient as possible. Our network of global infrastructure funders allows us to secure private funding to cover the upfront costs of EV charger installation for your business. We’ll work with you to identify the most suitable funding model.
Government grants for workplace EV charging points
We are experienced in applying for and capturing OZEV funding for workplace charging projects and can help with your application for government grants to subsidise the cost of the initial investment.
- OZEV Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS): This voucher-based scheme can award you up to £350 per socket off of the installation of commercial EV chargers, with a cap of 40 sockets per business.
- OZEV Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS): This allows drivers (including fleet and company car drivers) to claim up to £350 off the installation of a charge point at their home.
The EV future promises not just to benefit the planet, but employers and employees too. Here are some key considerations for businesses aiming to make the transition hitting both economic & environmental goals.
How do you ensure that EVs get the charge they need, every time? With a little over a quarter of a million electric vehicles on the road, this may not be a problem that keeps you awake... yet.
Flexible products, consistent performanceProducts
Creatively designed to fit to existing street furniture, such as parking posts or bollards, the Gecko connects either as a singular, or paired socket, to a subterranean master charger unit, monitoring and controlling power flow to the socket and vehicle. Our lowest visual impact solution, it is perfectly suited to on-street residential landscapes where its sympathetic design blends discretely into the established street scene.
Our newest wall-mounted solution, the Limpet is made from recycled tyres and is designed to fit onto existing wall structures, connected in clusters of 5-10 sockets to a wall-mounted master charger unit, monitoring and controlling power flow to the socket and vehicle. Durable, discrete and environmentally sympathetic, it is best suited for public / private below-ground and multi-storey car parks where ground-mounted solutions are less appropriate.
Our original pioneer product, the Armadillo is made from recycled vehicle tyres, ensuring minimal environmental impact and maximum durability, hence, its namesake which in Spanish translates to “little armoured one”. Aesthetically it is sympathetic to the existing physical landscape where it is deployed, minimising additional visual disruption.